Purchase the Right Weightlifting Equipment for Your Home Gym
July 23, 2019
If you are up for it, creating your own home gym has many benefits. First of all, you will have access to the gym whenever you want, and you don’t have to worry about waiting for machines to get free. Also, you only need to purchase the equipment only once. After that, you will be using them for years to come.
Which Is More Beneficial: Training At Home Or Training In The Gym?
The main thing your home gym needs is, of course, the equipment. When starting your home gym, you need to know what equipment is best for you and what is only waste of your money.
Many people don’t like to or don’t have time to hit a gym. These people then stop paying attention to their fitness. But it is not hard to set up your own home gym. All you need is some good equipment and a little search on the internet for exercises. But before you do, here are some things to consider:
Know Your Space
The first thing you need to keep in mind is the space you need. You can’t just place the equipment right in your living room with the well-carpeted floor. You need to place it somewhere where it won’t disturb your daily life, and the place should not be too cold or too hot in winters and summers.
Knowing in advance how much space the equipment takes will help you decide better. Here are some estimates of some of the most common home gym equipment:
- Multi-use Strength Trainer: 50 – 200 sq. ft.
- Treadmill: 30 sq. ft.
- Single-use Strength Trainer: 35 sq. ft.
- Ski Machine: 25 sq. ft.
- Stair Climber: 10 – 20 sq. ft.
- Stationary Bike: 10 sq. ft.
Also, the size of the equipment has different heights so keep the height of the ceiling in your mind as well.
List down What Equipment You Want
Once you find space for your equipment, it is time to know what kind of workout you want and buy the equipment according to it.
However, there should be some common pointers you should keep in your mind before purchasing the equipment:
- Home gym means not only you but all your family members can use the equipment. Consider this in mind and buy a machine that is easily adjustable for all in your house. Check out this home gym guide to buy your home gym.
- The machines should be flexible to provide you with a challenging workout once you start gaining progress. Like, if you buy a treadmill, then it should have settings to increase speed to keep you challenged. Also, it should have some features like incline track.
- Keep safety in mind.
- You will have to buy your weightlifting shoes if you don’t have your own weightlifting shoes. Find out more info from this best weightlifting shoes list to buy your shoes to help you.
- It should be made with good materials and can easily hold your weight.
- It should be easy to understand and use.
- And finally, it will be better if it has replaceable parts available in the market.
Be Extra Cautious
Always Don’t forget to wear your weightlifting shoes and do your warm up exercises before a workout session. This allows you to be safer and help you avoid injuries. This is why it is so important that we go through these extra steps to ensure out safety.
All in One Home Gym Equipment
If you have trouble building your home gym, then consider buying an all in one home gym. “It’s budget-friendly and effective. What’s more, you don’t even have to worry about space.” Says Just Home Gym, a former fitness trainer. It’s a lot smaller compared to a power rack with a weight bench unless you want to become a bodybuilder or an Olympic weightlifter. You should check out the Bodybuilding.com for their reviews.
Buy What Your Wallet Allows
Of course, you will only add to your home gym what you can afford. Keep in mind that whatever you buy for your home gym is an investment. It will return to you in shape of fitness and an active life. So, if you have money then go for any machine you see fit for you. Machines with a good reputation and more features are always better. But if you don’t want to spend too much on it, then any machine can do as long as it fits on the above mentioned pointers.
There are many ways to spend less money. Like if you have an old bicycle at home, you can modify it, so it works as a stationary bike. It will provide you with the exercise you need to burn calories. Also, you don’t need to buy a new set of weights. Your body don’t know whether you are lifting old weights or new, so save your money there, and you can get an old bench that will work the same.
What to Avoid
There are many companies out there that offer you magical machines that can help you burn fat as easy as 123. The advertising is so appealing that you will easily believe them. So, be smart and know you can only lose weight and get in shape if you work hard for it. There is no shortcut to it. So here are some things you should remember.
- Learn more Home Gym Dos and Don’ts to avoid workout mistakes.
- Don’t believe in any machine that claims to give you quick results with no efforts.
- Don’t believe products that claim to shed fat from specific parts of the body.
- Make sure you know the total price of the machine you are buying. There are many hidden charges that online stores don’t tell you about which makes the machines prices go out of your budget.
- Gather complete information about the machine. Does the machine work with certain kind of strict diet plan? Also, don’t believe on the testimonials. Be concerned about what machine can do for you.
- Many companies offer their products as a free trial. You might get such machines but remember when you have to return it (if you don’t like), you will have to bear the shipping cost which is usually costly considering the size and weight of exercising machines.
A home gym will make your life active. You don’t have to worry about missing exercises. You will be able to set your own timings and adjust your schedule whenever you want.